Pallet magazine; "...print quarterly for people with curious minds and adventurous palates. Or put more simply, those who like to think and drink."
Issue two cover, painted by Dave Eggers
I thought this was just a really good magazine about beer. Turns out its a really good magazine. In the first two issues articles have appeared on;
- Munich’s oldest cooperage
- a history of Zamrock
- micro-finance in India
- the intersecting lives of Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard
- classic Japanese architecture
- short fiction inspired by the tattoos of Henry Rollins
- interview w/ muso Reggie Watts
- conversations with career barkeeps from Tokyo to Durban
- what it takes to make booze in prison
- photo essay - packing for an apocalypse
- inside the Japanese mafia
- cradle-to-cradle industrial symbiosis.
- six months on the road with young band All Them Witches
- profile on writer-turned-painter Dave Eggers
- and short fiction that revives a tired and mistreated genre: the western
I only just got the double meaning - pallet like to deliver beer, but also palate as in your personal taste. Well played.