Tuesday, January 20

this land is your land



Going back to Sunday's Inauguration Concert. Genius idea to have Pete Seeger on at the end. (There is a recent American Masters series on him that I need to see.) Don't have cable so missed the HBO aired concert, but was alerted by a tweet (right?) on twitter. Anyway, Pete included all the lesser heard verses... Goosebumps time.

A great high wall there, tried to stop me
A great big sign there, private property
On the other side it didn't say nothing
That side was made for you and me.

2 comments:

Charlotte K said...

Hurray!!!

Kristin said...

You can stream it on hbo.com. I don't have hbo either, but needed to see my boys sing Pride on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

I got all emotional watching Pete Seeger. Just couldn't stop thinking that he sang on those steps during the Civil Rights movement, and there he was singing for Obama. Amazing really.

It's been a great day :)