Tuesday, November 22

teroforma -martini stones

These soapstone cubes from Teroforma have been around for a bit, but I never understood the draw of making your whisky colder. Further I would say adding a splash of water is a good idea to get the nose going. It is a cool idea no doubt. HOHO! You almost missed that pun... Apparently this is a take on a Scandinavian drinking tradition. Anyhow, just thought of a use I can really get behind; martini stones. Keep everything cold and no dilution. Just found this great video about The Vermont Soapstone Company in Perkins, VT that has benefited/survived due to this product. Have a look.

6 comments:

Noah said...

At first glace I thought this post was about real life minecraft blocks. http://www.minecraft.net/

Brian Miller said...

Received these as a gift. Even though I prefer ice - for the natural watering-down-effect, I tried it for a while. Disappointed, frankly. Just did not cool down the whisky at all. I was bummed because anything that can add to the ritual of whisky drinking is fun.

Linda said...

Recently saw another post about these ... available at Vermont Kitchen Supply in Manchester Center, VT.

Troy Girl said...

We got these as a gift last Christmas. I use them all the time for martini's and white wine. Everyone who sees them wants to know where to get some....I want to give them this year. We think they are the best thing since sliced bread!

Troy Girl said...

We received these stones as a gift last Christmas....we love them!
I use them for martini's and for white wine. Everyone who has used them at our house wants to know where to get them. I have them on my list to give several people this year. We think these stones are the best thing since sliced bread!

Troy Girl said...

ps/ Vermont Kitchen Supply has them and available to order on line $20