Sunday, February 6

carhartt -let's review 2

Think the popover shirt below may be fake, anyone know? Good looking though...

Search for "workwear resurgance" on google and you'll find the same "trend" articles about every 5 years. I don't find this stuff ironical atall (except maybe the railroad hats... ), it is made to be worn and that is about it.

If stocking up on Carhartt was a habit then HNWilliams store in Dorset, Vermont was my crack house haha. Other places might have had more; but Billy's deadstock was the deadest, their new stock was the oldest... the good waffle longjohns that didn't stretch to hell -yeah they had those. #memories Again, most of these pics via eBay over the last 2 years. Did you miss Part 1?










































































Vest from tent sale at HNWilliams store over a decade ago.
Photo by Skye Chalmers.

8 comments:

daybookexchange.com said...

Man i luv Carhartt gear. I grabbed a great duck down Carhart vest when I visited the US last year. It's brilliant in the bush in winter.

Where can I get those Carhartt truckers caps?

Anonymous said...

Two great posts. I always check your tumblr "yard sale" for the full one Carhartt assault. I first thought you might be affiliated with them in some way, but i'm guessing now that you are merely obsessed haha. our gain! thanks!

btw check me out:

www.thesawyercabinetco.tumblr.com

Christian S said...

as a conoisseur, where do the red lined coats fit in? was that just for 89?

Brad said...

I have been looking for a pair of camo Carhartt pants - just like these!!

TRAWETS NILTGEOV said...

Overwhelming. I have a few of these things, among them the Carhartt brown hat with ear flap. But I cut the ear flap out years ago because my head is bigger than it was in the early 90s. Terrible move.

james at 10engines said...

@chrstianS the red quilting seems to have ended around 1989 but was around before then. i cant find a definitive timeline, that is one of my gripes... good stuff though.

My Affair with Michael Bastian said...

The camo makes me squeal!

Don said...

Those vented hats (I refuse to say trucker) are the best.